22 March 2009

One Way Or Another

Tonight's mysteries are:

Cataphatism: the religious belief that God has given enough clues to be known to humans positively and affirmatively (e.g., God created Adam 'in his own image') [ant: apophatism]

Apophatism: the religious belief that God cannot be known but is completely 'other' and must be described in negative terms (in terms of what God is not) [ant: cataphatism]

For some reason lyrics from Blondie come to mind here, well describing my quest to know God:

One way or another I'm gonna find ya
I'm gonna getcha getcha getcha getcha
One way or another I'm gonna see ya
I'm gonna getcha getcha getcha getcha


And so on.

Namaste.

1 comment:

Moff said...

Howdy Richard,

Just realized your blog wasn't in my Google Reader, so I fixed that problem and had a read of your last ten posts. I love the Blondie lyrics! lol... and hats off to you for tangling with all this heresy stuff.

You've left some beautiful responses to my blog posts. I've been scouting around to see if I can find an email address for you but I don't... so this is my way of saying thanks for the insights and support you've offered. I'm honored that you read what I write and take what I say seriously.

Namaste,
Amy