01 November 2007

Vegan Sin-A-Mon Rollz

Here they are - Sin-A-Mon Rollz. I got this recipe from someone's blog and now I cannot for the life of me remember where it was. I'd love to give credit where credit is due. They are fantastic cinnamon rolls! The photo to the left is the photo of them just out of the oven and iced to perfection. Of course I was out of vanilla extract so I had to use chocolate.
Unusual but delicious!!


Rolls

2½ t active dry yeast
½ C unbleached sugar
1 C soymilk, warmed
2 T ground flaxseeds whisked together with 6 T hot water
⅓ C Earth Balance margarine, melted
4½ C unbleached flour (I use spelt and it's magical)
1 t salt

1 C brown sugar, packed
2½ T ground cinnamon
⅓ C Earth Balance margarine, softened

Frosting(different recipe than original)
2 cups icing sugar
1-2 t vanilla extract
1/4 cup earth balance or non-hydrogenated vegan margarine
as much soymilk(I used vanilla)until you get desired consistency.

Instructions:
-----------------------------------------------------
--Mix yeast, sugar, and heated soymilk in a large mixing bowl and let stand until foamy.

--Add egg replacer, melted margarine, flour, and salt. Mix well and knead for 5-10 minutes. The dough should be firm and smooth, not sticky. Set the dough aside in a covered bowl and let double in size.

--After the dough has doubled, turn it out onto a floured work surface, cover, and let rest for 10 more minutes.

--Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon.

--Roll dough into a 16x21 inch rectangle. Spread dough with margarine and sprinkle evenly with sugar/cinnamon mixture. Roll up dough and cut into 12(I made 8) sections with a sharp knife.

--Place rolls in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking pan. (A cookie sheet also works fine.) Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

--Bake rolls in preheated oven until golden brown, about 15 minutes. While rolls are baking, beat together margarine, powdered sugar, vanilla, and soymilk. Spread frosting on warm rolls before serving.

NAMASTE!


1 comment:

Yogamum said...

Those look amazing. Send some my way -- I'm just down the road from you ;-)