Today's "bust out happy with the leftovers" recipe is pasta with mushrooms, spinach, and toasted pine nuts. Serves TWO.
Here are the ingredients:
1/2 Package Fettuccine
2 oz. toasted pine nuts
1 Pkg. Fresh Baby Spinach
1 lb. Cremini Mushrooms, sliced thickly
1 tsp. fresh minced garlic
1 Tbsp. Fresh Thyme
1 tsp. red pepper flakes or to taste
3 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1. Get the water going to cook the pasta so its ready when you complete step .
2. Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a large pan on high heat
3. Saute mushrooms rapidly until about half done, remove from heat.
4. Wipe pan and heat second tbsp of oil.
5. Cook garlic in oil until bubbling.
6. Saute spinach on high heat until wilted. Heat should be high enough to prevent water build up. Remove from heat.
7. Wipe pan and heat last tbsp. of oil
8. Drop red pepper flakes into the oil and heat until fragrant.
9. Add mushrooms back to pan and stir until mushroom juices are bubbling merrily.
10.Add fresh thyme to mushrooms and saute for one minute.
11.Add spinach to pan with several good grinds of black pepper.
12.Saute all the ingredients over high heat for one minute.
13.Remove from heat and add the drained hot pasta. Toss thoroughly. Salt to taste.
14.Serve in warmed bowls. Top with plenty of toasted pine nuts.