14 December 2007

One Positive Thing

It's that time of year again. Time to renew, rebirth and restart. That ole' winter solstice is barreling down on us like a NASCAR race as those slippery stars go round and round the black winter sky. Not to mention that most pagan of holidays - Christmas, at least in its plagiarising of a date bunches of religions have claimed before it.

I like this time of year. I like the concept of starting fresh and anew. Sure we can do this everyday wtih the trite "today is the first day of the rest of your life." But if you have to renew yourself every day then you need to get better at focusing on your life... or maybe get one.

But I digress. Every year I try to make my resolutions simpler and simpler. One so I'll remember them and two so I'll succeed. Picking realistic goals is much better than some goal I'll never reach and then become frustrated and quit.

So this year's resolution is:

Every day I will do one positive thing for my family, for me and for a friend.

That's it. I bet I could make a book out of that simple slogan. After all, others have done so with less.

But I won't.

Namaste.

No comments: