30 April 2006

Bow Pose (Dhanurasana)


This is a tough but rewarding pose. You can read about it here. The photo shows a medium version of the photo, some practitioners can get quite deep and high into the pose so that they really look like they could shoot an arrow! I find it very tough to do myself but I get a little stronger at it each day. It is said to be quite helpful for the intestines, increases oxygen intake and revitalization all the spinal nerves by increasing circulation to the spine. And is good for hip flexibility. I did much better with this pose in today's Bikram class.

If you'd like to learn more about the Bikram poses, I'd suggest the book Bikram's Beginning Yoga Class - just copy the title into the convenient Amazon link to the right and you'll be able to check it out.

No comments: