03 February 2009

Today I Am Thinking About ... Prayer

Today we read Isaiah 40:21-31; 1 Corinthians 9:19-23; and Mark 1:29-39. Nice. The cookie and coffee were nice too.

I always leave bible study elated that I had the chance to discuss this Book with others also searching. But mostly I am amazed by the prayer that our pastor weaves each time from the prayer requests we give her.

I don't understand prayer. I don't know if god does anything with our prayers in the sense that I understand "doing." I am trying to learn. I don't know how to pray but listening to our pastor may be the best lesson. Still, when the pastor's voice fills the basement of the coffee house where we meet, something else fills the room too. something holy. something deeply present.

Listening.

Namaste.

No comments: