05 February 2009

Bible Verse Fave of the Week

Between the liturgy and bible study each week there is always one verse(s) that stands out for me, for reasons that aren't always clear to me.

This week it's a tie between Mark and Isaiah

Mark 1:36
In the morning, while it was still very dark, he got up and went out to a deserted place, and there he prayed.

Isaiah 40:28
Have you not known? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary, his understanding is unsearchable.


My clues to why I like these verses are:

1) I am struggling to understand prayer and here is Christ himself praying!

2) "Have you not known? Have you not heard?" Well, actually, yes and no. So about a month ago, wham, I heard. "who knew?" I asked myself.

The mystery of faith continues to unfold for me.

Namaste.

No comments: