10 January 2009

Today I Am Grateful For ... Magic

No, not sleight of hand, my dog, Magic. He loves me unconditionally or if dogs don't "love" it sure looks like love. Sitting there reading last night, he'd sit at my feet and every now and again he'd look up and check on me and then lay back down again. He is strong and beautiful and not even one year old but already he is BIG (80 lbs.). He loves Milk Bones and other treats. He's waiting for me when I drive down the driveway at night, tail wagging. Welcome home, he barks.

It feels great and I'm grateful for this tail wagging, hand licking, bow-wow love.

Just to be clear, Magic is on the floor to the left. That's my son Andrew on the couch to the right...

Love this doggie prayer:

Hail blessed Laika,
bless all us dogs
and make us brave like you.
WOOF!


Namaste.

1 comment:

The Clerk said...

Have you considered the amazing love of God? In Matthew 10:29-31 of the Bible it says, "Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father’s will. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows." And in 2 Chronicles 16:9 of the Bible it says, "For the eyes of the LORD move to and fro throughout the earth that He may strongly support those whose heart is completely His."