20 January 2009

BS Tonight

Just back from BYOB Bible Study at St. Mark's Coffeehouse here in Denver. It tickles me to think about me going to bible study. I get a silly grin on my face.

We read from Jonah 3:1-10 and also from Mark 1:14-19. Much discussion of free will and what a drama queen Jonah was: "...please take my life from me, for it is better for me to die than live." Because God forgave the citizens of Nineveh after Jonah warned them of their impending doom and ... they changed their ways. Turned on a dime and God said, cool, not going to grind you to dust after all. Which obviously, though not very rationally, pissed Jonah off.

What I love about bible study is that it is filled with love, humor and inquisitiveness. With great belief comes with great doubt. And both are allowed to co-exist and co-create in BYOB. A wonder.

Perhaps a picture next week...

And Nadia said a nice prayer for Cassie (aka "creeking girl")and all people who serve people around the world.

Namaste.

No comments: