If you realize you have enough,
You are truly rich.
If you stay in the center,
and embrace death with your whole heart, you will endure forever.
- Tao te Ching
And another one...
Be content with what you have. Rejoice in the way things are. When you realise there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you.
- Tao Te Ching
I have been trying lately to practice "gratefulness" for all the things I encounter without duality... to realize that I am truly rich, that I have enough, because I so fucking do.
So here are 10X2 things I am grateful for:
1) Silver Spiders .
2) Coconut Cream Pie (especially if made by my mother-in-law).
3) My Wife Charlotte.
4) The guy who cut me off on I-70 going up the mountain and almost killed me (simply because he reminded me that I was alive)
5) The song "Wild Honey" by U2
6) Greys Peak, all 14,270 ft of it. My sons and I didn't make the summit, but we had a great day together in a beautiful place.
7) Clouds and Rain and Thunder and Lightening and the feeling after when it all just stops and sits cool and easy on the mountains.
8) Chopping Wood and Carrying Water with the people I work with.
9) Bikram Yoga.
11) My heart that works on and on and on and on...
12) Snow. None yet but its coming. You can feel it.
14) Dirt Roads.
15) Roads that don't run in straight lines.
16) Being above the treeline.
17) Sunburn - makes you realize you take the sun for granted.
18) Peanut butter sandwiches and milk.
19) Blogs on Yoga - like Yoga Chickie